Monty Python – Tim the Enchanter Costume
Tim the Enchanter is a mysterious wizard that helps King Arthur and his Knights during their quest for the Holy Grail. Would be a great costume for the Renaissance Festival.
The first thing you’ll need is the iconic rams horn hat.
Tim actually wears what appears to be a wizard robe/cloak layered over two sets of tattered wizard robes. I honestly think you could get by with some black or red clothes and just a cape but if you want to go all in (and your climate is layer friendly) I would start by grabbing yourself some red robes. Alternatively you could grab yourself some red fabric, old blanket, snuggie, poncho, etc. Just rip it up or make some crazy cuts in it to get that tattered look.
- Friar Medieval Hooded Monk Renaissance Priest Robe Costume Cosplay (burgandy) – $35
- Men TUNIC Hooded Robe Cloak Knight Fancy Cool Cosplay Costume – $26.49
- Cos2be Costume For The Medieval Monks Robe Various Styles (wine) – $40
Grab yourself a second set of wizard robes and put that on top. Don’t forget to shred/cut/etc it up to get that tattered look.
- Harry Potter Adult Voldemort Robe – $23.33
- Men’s Fade In and Out Unknown Phantom Costume – $26.54
- Star Wars Deluxe Hooded Sith Robe Costume – $29
- Men TUNIC Hooded Robe Cloak Knight Fancy Cool Cosplay Costume – $26
- Allten Men’s Costume Star Wars Jedi Black Tunic Hooded Robe Cloak – $34.80
Finally, grab a cloak or cape and layer it on top of your robes.
- DoSmart Halloween Cloak Double Face Satin Red Black Dress with Masks – $20
- MEYKISS Adults Cape Halloween Costume Deluxe Cloak – $16
- Little Adventures Deluxe Black Adult Cloak with Hood – $37.24
- 54″ Black Cloak with Large Hood ~ Halloween Costume Cape – $24.83
- Cloak – $31.07
Tim the Enchanter has a great beard. Grab yourself some spirit gum and a fake beard.
- Forum Novelties Men’s Novelty Warrior Beard and Mustache – $10.56
- Shaolin salt and pepper beard and moustache – $12.69
- Rubie’s Costume Co Beard & Mustache – 8″ – $5.69
- Forum Novelties Men’s Novelty Forked Beard – $10.80
- Fake Beard and Mustache – $5.67
- Wizard beard, moustache and eyebrows – $15.29
- Extra Long Fake Grey Salt & Pepper Beard w/ Mustache (One Size Fits All) – $13
Add in a wooden staff.
- SE WS632-50 Natural Wood Walking Stick with Steel Spike & Metal-Reinforced Tip Cover, 50″ – $9.74
- Natural Hardwood Hiking Stick for Children (Paw Prints & Strap) – $20
- SE Natural Wooden Walking Stick – Hiking Pole – 50 Inch – $12
Get yourself some string or twine and make some accessory necklaces (amulet, leather drawstring pouch, bone).
- Forum Novelties Prehistoric Caveman Cavewoman Costume Jumbo Bone – $6
- Leather Drawstring Pouch, 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ – $7.79
- Leather Drawstring Pouch/Coin Bag-Medieval Reenactment Pouch – $13.85
- Leather Drawstring Pouch/Coin Bag/Medieval Style Reenactment Pouch/Debossed Dragon – $13.85
- Leather pouch (RPLEA) – $10.67
If you’re feeling brave, you could carry along a Killer Bunny with nasty, big, pointy teeth.
- Toy Vault Rabbit Plush with Big Pointy Teeth – $20
- Toy Vault Mini Rabbit Plush with Big Pointy Teeth Plush – $10
When there’s drinking involved it might be fun to carry along your own holy grail to drink out of.
- Medieval style Jeweled Goblet King Queen Pirate Halloween Costume Stage Prop – $8
- Beistle 57846 Plastic Jeweled Goblet Party Cup, 8-Ounce – $4.79
- Molded Crown Goblet – $6.88